From the Law Consulting Blog:
At the Beginning of a Project:
1. When would you like me to complete this project?
2. Describe what you have been told to do and then ask: Have I missed anything?
3. How many hours are you expecting me to take on the project?
4. Are there any materials I should review?
5. Would it be helpful if I gave you my initial findings/conclusions?
At the end of the project:
1. Have I covered all the areas you wanted?
2. Is there anything more I can do to help you on this?
3. Can you give me some feedback on my work?
4. Are there any areas where you think I could improve?
5. Can I help you on any other projects now?